[Nfd-dev] Plan for git repository management for the releases

Alex Afanasyev alexander.afanasyev at ucla.edu
Mon Apr 7 10:28:31 PDT 2014

Hi guys,

Since we are getting closer for the first release (yeeee! congrats and thanks to everybody), here is the plan for git repository management:

- As soon as we fix the release commit, I will tag it as "nfd-0.1.0" tag.
- I will also create "v0.1" branch to track any urgent bugfixes for the first release.
- All development for the next version will continue in the master branch.

However, before we actually fix the release commit, there is a transition period that just started.  I have created "v0.2" branch in gerrit, and all v0.2-related code should be submitted there.  That is, use

    git push gerrit HEAD:refs/for/v0.2

instead of old command (HEAD:refs/for/master).

- After the release, I will merge v0.2 with master and it will become a new master branch.

---