[ndnSIM] How to create new interest from existing one

Mudasir Qazi mudasirqazi00 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 07:37:50 PDT 2018

Hi,

I'm trying to create new Interest packet from an existing one. The function
will be passed existing Interest in parameter e.g.,

Interest& createTemporaryInterest(const Interest& interest){
          shared_ptr<Interest> tempInterest = Interest(interest);
          const Name& tempName = "...";
          tempInterest->setName(tempName);
          return tempInterest;
}

Basically I need all properties of an Interest copied to another interest.
Then I'll set custom name of newly created Interest. So, In short, the
newly created Interest will have all properties of existing one but the
name.

How can I achieve this? Please help.

--
Regards,