[ndnSIM] Arrival times

chavoosh ghasemi chavoosh.ghasemi.off at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 05:03:54 PDT 2016

Hi Roger,

You can simply use NS_LOG and print all information you want. For instance,
assume you're using "ndn-consumer.cc" and "ndn-producer.cc", which are
predefined files under this directory: "src/ndnSIM/apps", as applications
in your scenario. After assigning *consumer* application to you nodes, and
perhaps *producer* application to some other of them, you can type below
command in the bash and run it:

NS_LOG=ndn.Consumer:ndn.Producer ./waf --run [*name of your file*]

Now, you'll see that there are a lot of information printed on your screen
which one of is packet arrival. Here number of your nodes and their
topology is not important, at all. So, for any similar purpose you can
simply use NS_LOG environment variable and print any kind of information on
the screen.

Anyway, if you wanted to save printed lines, you can easily use below
command (according to above example):

NS_LOG=ndn.Consumer ./waf --run [*name of your file*] > test.txt

which will save all printed lines in *test.txt* file.

Good luck

On Thu, Mar 24, 2016 at 6:04 PM, roger <youngroger64 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, I have a scenario with multiple consumers. I am looking to capture the
> packet arrival times on the consumers and save them to a file.. how do i go
> about this, thank you.

*Chavoosh Ghasemi*

Master of Information Technology - Computer Networks
Sharif University of Technology (SUT) - Computer Engineering Department

*Address:  Department of Computer Engineering,*

*                Sharif University of Tech, Tehran, Iran*

*"The quieter you become, the more you can hear"*