[ndnSIM] Setting up link metric

Spyridon (Spyros) Mastorakis mastorakis at CS.UCLA.EDU
Fri Feb 19 19:49:52 PST 2016

Hi Ahmed,

the first case refers to the establishment of a route that may be used for Interest forwarding. Specifically, the FibHelper will add the appropriate FIB entries on the routers across the specified path.

The second case refers to the physical properties (bandwidth, delay, queue size) of a link between two adjacent nodes.

Hope that this helps. Please let me know if you have any follow-up questions.

Spyridon (Spyros) Mastorakis
Personal Website: http://cs.ucla.edu/~mastorakis/ <http://cs.ucla.edu/~mastorakis/>
Internet Research Laboratory
Computer Science Department