[ndnSIM] regarding caching problem in ndnsim

John Baugh jpbaugh at umich.edu
Thu Dec 1 21:02:54 PST 2016

Zalakben,

Others can correct me if I am wrong, but I would say you must:

1.  Create a subclass of the Policy class (
http://ndnsim.net/2.1/doxygen/classnfd_1_1cs_1_1Policy.html)
     The Policy class is the class that the actual storage of the entries
can go into.  Check out
2.  Set your Cs to use your custom Policy class

Take a look at some of the policies provided, such as
http://ndnsim.net/2.1/doxygen/classnfd_1_1cs_1_1priority__fifo_1_1PriorityFifoPolicy.html
and http://ndnsim.net/2.1/doxygen/classnfd_1_1cs_1_1lru_1_1LruPolicy.html.

Pay close attention to the inherited virtual methods (member functions),
such as afterInsert.

Thanks,

John

On Thu, Dec 1, 2016 at 11:46 PM, ZALAKBEN PRAJAPATI <15mcen21 at nirmauni.ac.in