[ndnSIM] Error while calling applications public member functions from scenario

Muhammad Hosain Abdollahi Sabet mhasabet at gmail.com
Sat Aug 13 22:36:34 PDT 2016

Hi,

I have a custom application *"CustomApp". *I have put SendInterest() in
public so I can call it from scenario, for testing purposes. With this snap:

  ndn::AppHelper app1("CustomApp");
>   ApplicationContainer appCont = app1.Install(ConsNode);
>
>   Ptr<CustomApp> app1ptr = DynamicCast<CustomApp>(appCont.Get(0));
>   app1ptr->SendInterest();

I'm getting:

Command ['.../ns-3/build/scratch/simple-custom-app'] terminated with signal
> SIGSEGV. Run it under a debugger to get more information (./waf --run
> <program> --command-template="gdb --args %s <args>").

which buy following gdb(insight) I end up :

BOOST_ASSERT_MSG(!m_isExecuting, "cannot emit signal from a handler");

 It is from:
https://github.com/named-data-ndnSIM/ndn-cxx/blob/master/src/util/signal-signal.hpp:224
Branch: ndn-cxx.0.3.4-ndnSIM

I have tested app1ptr with some sample doing-nothing-but-LOG member
function and it worked.

I appreciate it if you could help me on what is wrong.

Thanks,
Sabet