[ndnSIM] Link resolver server

Spyridon (Spyros) Mastorakis mastorakis at CS.UCLA.EDU
Sat Apr 2 15:22:42 PDT 2016

> So, apart from what is set in the scenario, a query for /ndn (Name) may retrieve /ucla (Hint), right?

yeah, correct.

> You mean in your scenario digApp sends interest for some entity other than NDNS? I suppose any node on which NdnsServerApp is running would be an instance of NDNS.

Yeah, that is correct. All I was saying is that according to the SNAMP paper, you are supposed to retrieve the whole LINK object from NDNS (that is one signed data packet). However, in this scenario, only a name resolution will happen and you will have to create the LINK object by yourself.

> I mean, currently we have this class in ndnSIM:
> http://ndnsim.net/2.1/doxygen/classndn_1_1Link.html <http://ndnsim.net/2.1/doxygen/classndn_1_1Link.html>
> For example, where does addDelegation() stores a Link object? Or, where does getDelegations() retrieve Link objects from? Is there any relation between extensions in your scenario and ndn::Link Class? Because I didn't see any reference to ndn::Link in the extensions.

I feel that this is a C++ question. You have a class and you can create objects of this class. This class is the LINK class. An object of the LINK class contains a number of delegations (by delegation we mean a pair of a globally routable prefix and a priority field). Using the addDelegation() method, you can add a pair of globally routable prefix and priority to a LINK object. Given a LINK object, you call the getDelegations() methods and you get a number of pairs back.

Like I said, you can use NDNS for the name resolution and then create a LINK object in your application.

Hope that this helps!

Spyridon (Spyros) Mastorakis
Personal Website: http://cs.ucla.edu/~mastorakis/ <http://cs.ucla.edu/~mastorakis/>
Internet Research Laboratory