[ndnSIM] Mechanism to check neighbor (link) alive or not

Lan Wang (lanwang) lanwang at memphis.edu
Wed Mar 4 08:37:47 PST 2015

Are you talking about the Hello messages (we call it INFO message in the paper)?  This is something NLSR sends, since it's used to detect whether NLSR is alive or not.  So you can't use something else to replace it.   For example, if there's link layer mechanism to detect link failures, that will help trigger routing calculations faster in this case.  But the link layer failure detection is not going to detect NLSR failure.

That said, NLSR does receive notifications from the local NFD when a face goes down or up.

Lan

On Mar 4, 2015, at 10:17 AM, Hitesh Wadekar <wadekahn at clarkson.EDU<mailto:wadekahn at clarkson.EDU>>