[ndnSIM] NACKs in ndnSIM2.0?

Christian Kreuzberger christian.kreuzberger at itec.aau.at
Sun Feb 8 10:47:53 PST 2015

Hi,

I have a follow-up question about NACKs in NFD/ndnSIM:
are there ongoing discussions or RFCs about how NACKs should be used
and/or
interpreted? http://named-data.net/doc/ndn-tlv/data.html states that
NACK has
been removed on purpose, but: "NACK is used to signal a downstream node
that
the upstream node is unable to retrieve a matching data. Since the
actual NACK
mechanism is still under active investigation, we do not include it in
this
version of specification, but may add it back in a future version".

Best regards,
Christian