[ndnSIM] Modifying source files

chavoosh ghasemi chavoosh.ghasemi.off at gmail.com
Wed May 14 02:13:15 PDT 2014

Well, e.g. when I modify '/src/ndnSIM/helper/ndn-global-routing-helper.cc',
I will face rebuilding a big group of source files, before running my
simulation. This problem occurs while I followed your instructions in the
scenario template, exactly.

Look, when I run my scenario under directory 'ns-dev/ns-3' I will face this
issue (rebuilding source files), but when I  switch to directory
'ns-dev/my-scenarios', and run ./waf --run <*scenario-name*>, it does not
consider my new changes in source files (actually, it use last built files
and does not re-build specified source file after editing).

----
*chavoosh*

On Tue, May 13, 2014 at 10:29 PM, Alex Afanasyev <
alexander.afanasyev at ucla.edu> wrote:

> Hi Chavoosh,
>
> Unfortunately, unless you separate your code from NS-3, as is suggested in
> https://github.com/cawka/ndnSIM-scenario-template  you will end up
> recompiling a big chunk of NS-3 every time you make a minor change in your
> scenario.
>
> However, if you are modifying NS-3 itself (e.g., something inside
> src/internet or src/network), then this would unconditionally require
> recompilation of NS-3, even if you have separated your scenario into
> different repository.
>
> Btw. You mentioned that "it didn't work", but what exactly is the problem?
>  I can try my best to update the instructions in the scenario template, if
> they are confusing.
>
> ---
> Alex
>
> On May 10, 2014, at 7:20 AM, chavoosh ghasemi <
> chavoosh.ghasemi.off at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi dear Alex
>
> I have a little problem with editing source files (both .h and .cc files),
> so that after each modifying, I will face re-building source files for
> running my scenario, which is so irritating! Please guide me to do this in
> a better manner, and requires no re-building or same issues!
>
> Also I read this:
> http://ndnsim.net/getting-started.html#simulating-using-ndnsim
> but it did not work and I forced to write simulation directly inside
> `/scratch'.
>
> Best regards
> *chavoosh*
>

> --

Information Technology M.S - Computer Networks
Sharif University-Computer Engineer Department

* "The quieter you become, the more you can hear"*