[ndnSIM] Configure FIBs based on IP addresses

Moreno Ambrosin morambro at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 09:55:18 PST 2014

Hi,

 I'm new with ndnSIM; I'm trying to build a configuration with NDN as an
overlay network. For this reason, I installed the Internet stack, all
point-to-point links, and assigned an IPv4 address to all nodes.
Finally, following this example
https://github.com/NDN-Routing/ndnSIM/blob/master/examples/ndn-simple-udp.cc,
I tried to configure the FIBs. What I want to achieve, is the following
overlay configuration:

                              /some                          /some/content
       consumer 1 ------------------->  IP:X.X.X.X
       consumer 2 ------------------->    router 1
 ---------------------------->  producer
       consumer n ------------------->

I tried to setup the NDN forwarding in the following way:

    ndn::IpFacesHelper::Install(routerNodes.Get(0));
    ndn::IpFacesHelper::Install(routerNodes.Get(27));
    // Install IpFacesHelper on all consumers (saved inside a vector
devices)
    for (int i=0;i<30;i++)
    {
         ndn::IpFacesHelper::Install(devices[0].Get(i));
    }

    ndn::IpFacesHelper::CreateUdpFace (
        Seconds (0.5),
        routerNodes.Get(0),
        routerNodes.Get(27)->GetObject<Ipv4>()->GetAddress(1,0).GetLocal(),
        "/some/upd-route"
    );

    for (int i=0;i<30;i++) {
        ndn::IpFacesHelper::CreateTcpFace (
            Seconds (0.5),
            devices[0].Get(i),

routerNodes.Get(0)->GetObject<Ipv4>()->GetAddress(1,0).GetLocal(),
            "/some"
        );
    }

When I run my script making all devices to request a content
(with ConsumerCbr application), I obtain the following run-time error:

assert failed. cond="cur->tid != tag.GetInstanceTypeId ()",
file=../src/network/model/packet-tag-list.cc, line=250
terminate called without an active exception

What could be the problem?
Is there another way to setup the FIB based on IP correctly?

Regards
 Moreno