[ndnSIM] How to trace the PIT

Alex Afanasyev alexander.afanasyev at ucla.edu
Thu May 9 09:15:51 PDT 2013

But PIT has always a fluctuating number of entries.. Do you want to trace size as soon as it changes, or you're ok with periodic data (which may miss some peaks)?

There are currently no tracers, but there are two examples of how periodic tracing can be implemented.  You can checkout https://github.com/NDN-Routing/ndnSIM/blob/master/examples/ndn-simple-with-pit-count-stats.cc and https://github.com/NDN-Routing/ndnSIM/blob/master/examples/ndn-simple-with-pit-operation-stats.cc
First one is simple periodic tracer, the second one is a little bit more complicated example, using a customized Pit policy, but it allows you to track each PIT operation, including all potential peak values.