[ndnSIM] How to deal with large topology in ndnSIM

Alex Afanasyev alexander.afanasyev at ucla.edu
Tue Mar 12 10:02:03 PDT 2013

Hi Wei,

This is a pretty big topology (and ns-3/ndnSIM has a non-trivial memory overhead per node) and I would suspect that SIGSEGV is related to the fact that OS cannot allocate enough memory.

How much memory the computer you're trying to run this simulation has?

GlobalRoutingHelper/Controller is just one "dirty" way to set up routing in simulation.  For such a large topology, you may want to consider using other, more direct methods, to populate FIBs (e.g., using L2Helper::AddRoute).  Are you using some generated topology or some "realistic" topology?