[ndnSIM] Help for running ndnSIM

Alex Afanasyev alexander.afanasyev at ucla.edu
Sun Jun 23 22:33:18 PDT 2013

Hi Tun,

Did you follow these instructions to install ndnSIM http://ndnsim.net/getting-started.html#downloading-ndnsim-source ?

The error indicates that something is wrong with ndnSIM installation.  I suspect that you are missing (or something is wrong with) boost libraries, so when you configure and install NS-3, ndnSIM module was not installed.

As for ndnSIM-common-stateful-fw directory, you should put it anywhere outside NS-3 directory tree.  For example:

~/ndnSIM/ns-3  <- directory with NS-3
~/ndnSIM/ns-3/src/ndnSIM  <- directory where ndnSIM is checked out
~/ndnSIM/pybindgen
~/ndnSIM/ndnSIM-common-stateful-fw