[Ndn-interest] Duplicates in the case of Interest Multicast

Lucian Trestioreanu lucian.trestioreanu at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 09:21:24 PDT 2022

Dear all,

Would you please be so kind as to help me with the following doubt that I
have? :

If I remember correctly, I read somewhere on some thread (can't remember
where exactly, nor can I find it anymore) that some time ago, there have
been discussions on reducing/eliminating the message duplicates in the case
of interests sent with multicast?

What is the current status of this, please? I.e., what happens currently if
on some topology, all nodes are set to forward some interest with multicast
on all faces? Will it be the same message multiplication rate as in the
case of a classic message broadcast/flooding approach?

Is there an online resource where I could read more about this topic in the
case of the NDN interest multicast, please?

Many thanks,
Lucian

Virus-free.
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>