[Ndn-interest] Tunnel Ethernet over NDN

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu
Sat Sep 9 14:23:58 PDT 2017

Hi César

It started with a pure pedagogic interest two years ago, but I'm now in
China and tap-tunnel serves as my backup VPN.
Through this tunnel, Gmail and Twitter are fine; YouTube works at 144p.
These sites are blocked in China otherwise.

I do not have a VPN license so this is officially an Ethernet tunnel, not
an IP VPN. My primary "VPN" is an SSH tunnel which also doesn't require a
VPN license.
It currently does not have encryption, because I have no intention to
access anti-govt information through this tunnel, but to simply get access
to my email inbox. Gmail, etc, are already encrypted on application layer.

Yours, Junxiao