[Ndn-interest] what is the cost of face ?

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu
Mon Nov 20 06:19:49 PST 2017

Hi Jinyang

In NFD, NextHop::m_cost represents the administrative cost of a FIB
nexthop. It directly comes from the administrative cost of a RIB route. It
is used in best route strategy.

As posted in https://redmine.named-data.net/issues/2010 , there isn't a
guideline on how to set RIB cost. When NDN testbed was using link state
routing, operations personnel was using IP ping round-trip time as the
basis of setting RIB cost.

Yours, Junxiao