[Ndn-interest] Problems when trying to retrieve a Data from a remote NFD

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu
Sun Nov 5 04:52:16 PST 2017

Hi Lixia Zhao

'nfdc register' command is no longer supported. Use 'nfdc face create'
followed by 'nfdc route add' instead.

If you find a documentation recommending the unsupported 'nfdc register'
command, please report a bug.

Yours, Junxiao

On Nov 5, 2017 07:48, "lxzhao" <lxzhao at njnet.edu.cn> wrote:

Hello,
  I am new about NDN and have successfully installed ndn-cxx and NFD.The
samples of consumer.cpp and producer.cpp can run well in one node.But
when I installed them in two computers which are as two nodes and try to
make one node send an Interest to retrieve a Data from the other
computer.(The IPs of the two Ubuntus are 192.168.50.128 and
192.168.205.129).
  What I have done is as follow(using the samples in ndn-cxx):
  In the Ubuntu-1(IP:192.168.50.128)
  1.nfd-start
  2.nfdc register /example/testApp/randomData udp://192.168.205.129
  3.nfdc create udp://192.168.205.129:6363
  4. ./build/examples/consumer
  In the other Ubuntu-2(IP:192.168.205.129)
  1.nfd-start
  2. ./build/examples/producer
  In Ubuntu-1,it always shows
 "Sending /example/testAPP/randomData?ndn.InterestLifetime=1000".
 "Timeout /example/testAPP/randomData?
ndn.InterestLifetime=1000&ndn.Nonce=3826126803"
  I also have tried the method in a blog(using ndnping and
ndnpingserver),but it doesn't work.
  So what can I do to retrieve a Data from a remote NFD step by step?How
to let the NFD in Ubuntu-2 know how to send the Interest into the
producer? May be I should clean the entries in the NFD and make a fresh
start.
  Could you show me the step-by-step way to solve it?
                                                               regards
                                                              Lixia Zhao