[Ndn-interest] NDN-Data Link Layer

n.boubakr at bit.edu.cn n.boubakr at bit.edu.cn
Wed May 10 00:29:21 PDT 2017

Thank you for your clarification.

From: Lixia Zhang
Sent: Wednesday, May 10, 2017 1:14 PM
To: n.boubakr at bit.edu.cn
Subject: Re: [Ndn-interest] NDN-Data Link Layer

wonder if you've read the very first paper on NDN?
https://named-data.net/wp-content/uploads/Jacob.pdf
fig-1 in this paper answers your question

On May 9, 2017, at 9:57 PM, <n.boubakr at bit.edu.cn> <n.boubakr at bit.edu.cn> wrote:

Thank you for your answer,

In case of NDN is deployed on top of TCP/UDP/IP, we can treat NDN as an application and not all a whole architecture (just to clarify my point), and all the process are based on IP process across different layers, which means there is a IP-MAC resolution to for hop to hop transmission.

Well, what if NDN is deployed on top of L2 directly, which means NDN replaces totally IP layer. Does the concept remains the same, I saw the specification of NDNLP paper, but I still have many ambiguities in this context.