[Ndn-interest] NDN-Data Link Layer

Lixia Zhang lixia at cs.ucla.edu
Tue May 9 22:10:10 PDT 2017

Now I feel I got a better understanding of your question (or where the confusion came in)

> On May 9, 2017, at 9:57 PM, <n.boubakr at bit.edu.cn> <n.boubakr at bit.edu.cn> wrote:
>
> Thank you for your answer,
>
> In case of NDN is deployed on top of TCP/UDP/IP, we can treat NDN as an application

No.
when talking about an NDN network, one needs to look at the world from NDN viewpoint: NDN is the network layer.
When TCP/UDP/IP tunnels are used to interconnect NDN nodes, they play the same role as physical links, as far as NDN is concerned.