[Ndn-interest] NameSpace

Psaras, Ioannis i.psaras at ucl.ac.uk
Sun Mar 26 13:49:43 PDT 2017

Hi Pengyuan,

I believe the namespace can be used to include some useful information to help the network act accordingly on the data (especially in mobile environments).

We’ve got the following three (admittedly rather preliminary) works, that enhance, or rather extend the namespace with extra information. In most cases, the extra info comes in terms of metadata, or tags.

- Keyword-Based Mobile Application Sharing, ACM MobiArch 2016: https://www.ee.ucl.ac.uk/~uceeips/files/kebapp-mobiarch16.pdf

- Name-based replication priorities in disaster cases, NOMEN 2014: https://www.ee.ucl.ac.uk/~uceeips/files/nrep-nom14.pdf

- Information Exposure through named content, Q-ICN 2014: https://www.ee.ucl.ac.uk/comit-project/files/infoexp-qicn14.pdf

I suspect that timestamped information would be especially useful in IoT scenarios.

Best regards,
Yiannis.