[Ndn-interest] Delay forwarding in fw strategy

Klaus Schneider klaus at cs.arizona.edu
Mon Jul 17 14:14:23 PDT 2017

On 07/17/2017 09:59 AM, Adhy Satya wrote:
> Hi Klaus,
>
> I'm working on a wireless scenario (my apologies! I forgot to clarify
> this in my first email).
> - Point 1 (Send the Data to a different interface): nodes will broadcast
> packets on the same interface (WiFi);

Maybe you can use a broadcast/multicast face instead?

> - Point 2 (Delay the Data packet): since wireless is broadcast in
> nature, all nodes in the communication range will listen to
> Interest/Data transmissions and will rebroadcast roughly at the same
> time. Delayed retransmissions help to avoid collisions in the wireless
> channel.

This sounds like it may be better implemented at a lower layer, since
the desired behavior is specific to a certain (wireless) link.

Did you have a look at the NDNLP protocol?
https://redmine.named-data.net/projects/nfd/wiki/NDNLPv2

Best regards,
Klaus

This technique was used in the NDN Car2Car