[Ndn-interest] error with build application log

Ishita Dasgupta ishita.dasgupta at gmail.com
Sat Jul 15 09:32:33 PDT 2017

Hi All,

I am trying to debug the error I am receiving while downloading files of
different size on ndnfs. In according to do this, when I try to move files
of different sizes to the mount directory(/tmp/ndnfs) AND root
directory(/tmp/dir), I keep coming across following situations:

1. If I move the new file to mount directory directly, it copies the files
to both mount and root directory and I can see DEBUG logs of ndnfs_write
and sign_segment logs on the ndnfs build window.

2. Sometimes when I try to move a file to mount directory directly, it
would give me cp: cannot create regular file ‘/tmp/ndnfs/100KB.txt’: No
such file or directory

3. In situations of 2, if I try to copy to root directory instead, it would
copy to both mount and root directories, but I can't see DEBUG logs of
ndnfs_write and sign_segment logs anymore like in 1 anymore. I need the
logs as I am trying to overcome another anomaly where the last segment of a
file gets set to 0. So, being able to see the sign_segment logs is
necessary.

I do not understand why sometimes copying data directly to mount directory
works and sometimes doesn't. Does Anyone has an possible explanation to all
of this? It would be great if someone could explain why the application
works differently in similar situations.