[Ndn-interest] How to set up an NDN testbed

Lan Wang (lanwang) lanwang at memphis.edu
Thu Jul 13 04:46:34 PDT 2017

* Obviously hub/backbone routers shouldn't form too-heavily-connected graphs. How practical is automatic RIB management for backbone layout? Should I hand-craft the RIBs for each backbone server instead? (Pardon the puns!)

The routing protocol<https://named-data.net/publications/techreports/ndn-0042-1-asf/> takes care of populating RIBs for global network.

The above link refers to  hyperbolic routing (which is what we currently use in the testbed), you can run link state routing (previously used in the NDN testbed).  They are both supported by NLSR (https://named-data.net/publications/techreports/ndn-0037-1-nlsr/), just different configurations.

Lan