[Ndn-interest] How to send new Interest from strategy on NFD

Nick Briggs nicholas.h.briggs at gmail.com
Fri Jul 7 09:36:51 PDT 2017

Introducing an application to do that isn't really going to solve the problem.  If the /collect/arg1/arg2 interest was forwarded through a normal router then the result must be content under the /collect/arg1/arg2 name in order to be correctly returned.  If an application gets the interest and generates new and different interests then it will need to also coalesce the contents returned for the individual interests /arg1 and /arg2, and will become the publisher of the /collect/arg1/arg2 content to be returned to the original requester.  Schemes such as being proposed by Nakamura break the flow balance property of the protocol.

-- Nick Briggs