[Ndn-interest] Design choice: naming scheme or packet payload?

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu
Fri Feb 24 21:21:56 PST 2017

Hi Scott

Neither Name nor MetaInfo should be modified on intermediate nodes.
Instead, hop-by-hop information can appear as NDNLPv2 headers.
NDNLP is a link protocol for NDN, specifically designed for carrying
hop-by-hop information. You may find more information about NDNLPv2 on
https://redmine.named-data.net/projects/nfd/wiki/NDNLPv2

Yours, Junxiao