[Ndn-interest] Questions about ndn porting to golang

Alex Afanasyev aa at CS.UCLA.EDU
Wed Feb 22 21:26:43 PST 2017

I haven't worked with swig/go, but looked for it when some time ago regarding python bindings.  I didn't find it to be very easy to write swig bindings and it looked a bit fragile and error-prone to use.

For golang, I think using ndn-cxx library would defeat some of the advantages that golang provides, specifically the concurrency.  But I agree, maintaining multiple libraries would be a lot of work.  Though if there are users for the library, the users themselves can try to do such maintenance :-D