[Ndn-interest] Create face for my public IP address

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu
Tue Dec 26 05:51:06 PST 2017

Hi Mohammad

The local IP address is determined by IP stack.

For example, my IP routing table says:
$ ip route get 128.196.203.36
128.196.203.36 via 10.0.31.201 dev eno1  src 10.0.31.48

This means, if I run `nfdc create face udp4://128.196.203.36:6363`, the
local IP would be 10.0.31.48.

If you want to use a different local IP, tweak your IP routing table so
that it would return a different 'src' address in `ip route get` command.
I forgot the command, but if you find out, please post it to the mailing
list to benefit future readers.

Yours, Junxiao