[Ndn-interest] Is there multithreading in NDN/

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu
Wed Dec 6 02:11:15 PST 2017

(moving this thread to ndn-lib mailing list as it is a library question)

Hi Lixia Zhao

ndn-cxx has limited support for multi-threading. ndn::Face class is
thread-safe. However, only one thread should invoke Face::processEvents.
Operations such as Face::expressInterest and Face::addInterestFilter will
be queued internally, and carried out in the thread calling
Face::processEvents.

Unless there is a specific reason, it is recommended to use two separate
faces, one for consumer and the other for producer. This reduces potential
problems.

Yours, Junxiao