[Ndn-interest] Bind Application with NDN layer

Luca Muscariello luca.muscariello at gmail.com
Thu Apr 20 02:47:51 PDT 2017

We have open sourced a prototype of an http-server in the CICN community
- https://wiki.fd.io/view/cicn

server:
https://wiki.fd.io/view/http-server
https://git.fd.io/cicn/log/?h=http-server/master

the prototype of the socket can be found in
https://git.fd.io/cicn/log/?h=libicnet/master

and an HTTP DASH player in here
https://git.fd.io/cicn/log/?h=viper/master

If you walk through the wiki you will find source and binary distributions
for multiple platforms.
This is using CCNx, but we made it working for NDN too. The socket API is
the same.

We are still working to build a full HTTP over ICN socket support as the
current code supports only the GET method
w/o support for all headers.

BTW, you rise a relevant and interesting question though. Socket API work
is not very well developed yet.
The socket API that NDN/CCN can provide to applications is much reacher
than TCP/IP. Is multi-point to multi-point in general.

But, yes, you can create sessions if that is what the applications
requires. Point to point is a special case of multi-point to multi-point.

Luca