[Ndn-interest] Ndn client to retrieve and read file hosted by ndn server

Thompson, Jeff jefft0 at remap.ucla.edu
Fri Apr 14 09:03:25 PDT 2017

Hi Ishta,

A file is represented by segmented content. In NDN, we say “consumer” and “publisher” which is not tied to specific servers or end addresses like “client” and “server”. The consumer needs to reassemble the segmented content. PyNDN has examples that use a simple SegmentFetcher to reassemble the segmented content published by NFD when it is asked for a list of RIB entries:
https://github.com/named-data/PyNDN2/blob/master/examples/test_list_rib.py

For publishing segmented content created from files, you can look at NDNFS:
https://github.com/remap/ndnfs-port

Thanks,
- Jeff T