[Ndn-interest] Delay forwarding NDN interest

Syed Hassan Ahmed s.h.ahmed at ieee.org
Mon Apr 3 12:11:41 PDT 2017

Dear Mohammad,

I believe it totally depends on application. If you want to aggregate
multiple interests, it has been investigated in the early ventures of ICN
(I guess).

Regarding Dynamic PIT Entry Lifetime (discussion), you can take a look of
our paper titled "DPEL". However, that was for Vehicular NDN.

Regards,
Hassan

On Mon, Apr 3, 2017 at 8:02 PM Mohammad Alhowaidi <malhowaidi at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I want to do some processing on each interest arrived and not forward it
> until I finish. I was wondering how to add that delay?
>
> Thanks,
> Mohammad
>
> On Mon, Apr 3, 2017 at 1:51 PM, David Oran <daveoran at orandom.net> wrote:
>
> On 3 Apr 2017, at 14:47, Mohammad Alhowaidi wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I was wondering if we can delay forwarding an interest until some event
> > happen? for example when an interest arrive the router, then the router
> > will wait specific time and will not forward the interest  until special
> > event happen.
> >
> I don’t see why not, unless the Interest Lifetime expires.
> What are you trying to accomplish?
>
> > Thanks,
> > Mohammad
>
> DaveO