[Ndn-interest] Largest DDoS attack ever delivered by botnet of hijacked IoT devices

Cesar Ghali cghali at uci.edu
Tue Sep 27 13:49:20 PDT 2016

The PIT may very well serve a useful purpose in NDN/CCN. However, it creates
well-known security problems (interest flooding is trivial) and it’s highly
doubtful that a deterministic solution is possible. However, the CCN model
of communication is possible without PITs. See, e.g., [1] and [2].

[1] Content-Centric Networking Using Anonymous Datagrams: http://arxiv.org/
abs/1603.08491.
[2] Living in a PIT-less World: A Case Against Stateful Forwarding in
Content-Centric Networking: https://arxiv.org/abs/1512.07755.

Cesar