[Ndn-interest] [Mini-NDN] Mininet: connection refused

Ashlesh Gawande (agawande) agawande at memphis.edu
Wed Oct 26 11:28:43 PDT 2016

The mn --nat option attaches the nat to s1 (See: s1 ifconfig)

If you try s1 ping google.com that should work.

If you want h1 to reach google, I think this will help:

https://techandtrains.com/2013/11/24/mininet-host-talking-to-internet/

Can also study the nat example:

https://github.com/mininet/mininet/blob/master/examples/natnet.py

For routes to reach non-neighbors I don't remember how to set it up but you can try to use "route" or "ip route" command to add static routes to non neighbors.

Can also look into switches: https://github.com/mininet/openflow-tutorial/wiki/Router-Exercise

(Mini-NDN conf parser does handle switches if you want to insert them, but I have not tested it).

You will have to experiment with this as I don't know the exact steps for the setup. I will try to find them.

Can you describe the topology, where do you want to put the Http server?

Ashlesh