[Ndn-interest] Large file transfer

Davide Pesavento davide.pesavento at lip6.fr
Tue Oct 11 03:16:06 PDT 2016

On Mon, Oct 10, 2016 at 10:11 PM, Thiago Teixeira <tteixeira at engin.umass.edu
> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>

> I am experimenting with mobility in NDN and want to evaluate the
> performance and reliability under intermittent/disconnected networks.
> NDN-Ping and NDN-Chunks run fine; however, ndnchunks handles single small
> files (data packet less than 8800 B, if I’m not mistaken).

This is partially incorrect. ndncatchunks/ndnputchunks (collectively
referred to as "chunks") can handle files of arbitrary size. A single Data
packet can be at most 8800 bytes long, so if the file is larger than that,
chunks will split it into segments. You can choose the maximum segment size
using the -s/--size option of ndnputchunks.

Thanks,
Davide