[Ndn-interest] Hop-by-Hop Flow Balance

Syed Hassan Ahmed s.h.ahmed at ieee.org
Tue Mar 15 09:53:23 PDT 2016

Dear Prof. Ravi,

I do agree and in fact would like to highlight the issue with my advisor as well. According to my understanding, NDN doesn't provide mechanisms to address the demand of Push based communications. One would argue for the example, so here is one:

If we expect NDN to support mobile networks, so we may wanna consider VANETs. In vehicular communications, the important messages are BSMs (safety messages) that needs to be push regardless of any Interest message to arrived.

Also, there are so many situations, where the Data may want to be delivered by itself. I refer it as "Data Speaks".

Precisely, we need to figure out sooner to get PUSH support while keeping the principles of NDN. I may be wrong to come up with a varying solution, however, we can design an "Interest for Interest" special packet and let neighbors to broadcast Interest packet for Data (that wants to be shared) in response to the special packet.

Expert opinions are welcomed.

Best Regards,
Syed Hassan Ahmed. (하산)
Kyungpook National University,