[Ndn-interest] NDN overhead

Nour El Houda Ben Youssef NourElHouda.BenYoussef at wevioo.com
Fri Jul 29 03:20:31 PDT 2016

Yes indeed I already checked this thread
Yet too many aspects still fuzzy

First of all, we know that each layer in the Internet protocol Suite causes its overhead which why we talk about control overhead, signaling overhead, etc
With  NDN Interest packets or nacks are considered as which overhead exactly

Second, as I tried to experiment NFD, I noticed that I’m able only to use NDN as an overlay network on top of udp or TCP… So for my overhead: would it be the Internet protocol suite overheads in addition to ndn overhead (interests and nacks)?

Best regards