[Ndn-interest] Basic Query about Dual Names for one Content

Brown, Andrew andrew.brown at intel.com
Thu Jul 21 08:56:40 PDT 2016

All,

I am very interested in multiple names per data packet: for some time, I
have wanted to produce one piece of data (e.g. a temperature reading), but
consume it under multiple namespaces (e.g. /temp/[sensor id]/[timestamp] and
/temp/[timestamp])-the point is that multiple sensors could produce
simultaneously but a consumer could choose to retrieve either the latest
sensor-specific reading (e.g. /temp/[sensor id]?ChildSelector=RightMost) or
the latest global reading (/temp?ChildSelector=RightMost). I cannot do this
in the current implementation: I must register both prefixes and generate
packets for both types of requests. I can think of a couple of mechanisms
that would be helpful (e.g. a field on the data packet for additional names,
interest selectors that work on more than the last component) but are there
architectural reasons that this can't or shouldn't be done? I originally
thought the LINK mechanism would allow this but I don't think it does.

Sincerely,

Andrew Brown

IoTG Strategy and Integrated Products

Cell: 360-292-5859