[Ndn-interest] Named Data Networking (NDN) Project Monthly Newsletter for January 2016

Josh Polterock josh at caida.org
Fri Jan 29 16:56:53 PST 2016

Named Data Networking (NDN) Project Newsletter for January 2016

The NDN project team compiles and publishes this newsletter monthly
to inform the community about recent activities, technical news,
meetings, publications, presentations, code releases, and upcoming
events. You can find these newsletters posted on the Named Data
Networking Project blog.

TECHNICAL NEWS

* The NDN Testbed has grown to 31 Nodes with 84 links. Since our
  last newsletter, four new sites have connected to the NDN Testbed;
  University of Goettingen, University of Indonesia, Osaka University,
  and the University of Minho in Portugal. See the complete list
  at http://named-data.net/ndn-testbed/.

* We released version 0.4.0 of Named Data Networking Forwarding
  Daemon (NFD) and ndn-cxx library.

  Please find detailed release notes:
  NFD: http://named-data.net/doc/NFD/0.4.0/RELEASE_NOTES.html
  ndn-cxx library: http://named-data.net/doc/ndn-cxx/0.4.0/RELEASE_NOTES.html

  More details about NFD, source code, install instructions,
  tutorials, HOWTOs, a FAQ and other useful resources are available
  on the official webpages of NFD and ndn-cxx:
     - http://named-data.net/doc/NFD/0.4.0/
     - http://named-data.net/doc/ndn-cxx/0.4.0/

* We announced the release of version 0.2.2 of Named Data Link State
  Routing Protocol (NLSR).  Detailed release notes can be found at:
  http://named-data.net/doc/NLSR/0.2.2/RELEASE-NOTES.html More
  information about NLSR, tutorials, installation and configuration
  guides, and other useful resources are available on the official
  webpage of NLSR: http://named-data.net/doc/NLSR/0.2.2/

* We published the *alpha* version of NFD on Android to Google Play
  store, based on the recently released NFD version 0.4.0. This
  first release has limited documentation. We welcome help in any
  form: bug reports and feature requests submitted to redmine
  (http://redmine.named-data.net/projects/nfd-android/issues),
  patches, bug fixes, feature implementations, documentation and
  updates.  To opt-in to the alpha testing and to download the NFD
  app, open https://play.google.com/apps/testing/net.named_data.nfd
  on your Android device.  Source code for the port is available
  on GitHub: https://github.com/named-data-mobile/NFD-android

NDN PUBLICATIONS, PRESENTATIONS, and TECHNICAL REPORTS

* NDN TR-0036 Revision 1: Wentao Shang, Yingdi Yu, Teng Liang,
  Beichuan Zhang, and Lixia Zhang. "NDN-ACE: Access Control for
  Constrained Environments over Named Data Networking" presents
  NDN-ACE, a lightweight access control protocol for constrained
  environments over Named Data Networking (NDN).
  http://named-data.net/publications/techreports/ndn-0036-1-ndn-ace/

* NDN TR-0037 Revision 1: Vince Lehman, A K M Mahmudul Hoque, Yingdi
  Yu, Lan Wang, Beichuan Zhang and Lixia Zhang. "A Secure Link State
  Routing Protocol for NDN" describes the Named-data Link State
  Routing protocol (NLSR), an intra-domain routing protocol for
  Named Data Networking (NDN).
  http://named-data.net/publications/techreports/ndn-0037-1-nlsr/

SEMINARS

* Our NDN Seminar series will continue this semester.  The NDN
  seminars are internally focused. We have a poll out to PIs to
  select the most popular time slot for presentations. If you would
  like to participate in the NDN Seminars, please contact the new
  PoC, UCLA PhD. candidate Spyridon Mastorakis
  <Spiros.mastorakis at gmail.com> for the most up-to-date information
  regarding upcoming seminars.

RELATED WORK

* University of Arizona PhD student, Junxiao Shi introduced
  NFD-Windows, Microsoft Windows builds of the NDN software.  This
  project started during the NDNcomm2015 hackathon. With the release
  of NFD 0.4.0 with face refactoring, NDN builds and runs on Microsoft
  Windows.

  NFD-Windows currently offers the following programs: ndnsec, nfd,
  nfdc, nfd-status, ndnpeek, ndnpoke, ndnping, ndnpingserver,
  ndn-dissect, and infoedit.  For details and download, see
  https://yoursunny.com/p/NFD-Windows/.

For more information about the Named Data Networking (NDN) Project
please visit http://www.named-data.net/.