[Ndn-interest] Repo-ng freshness period

Matteo Bertolino Matteo.Bertolino at eurecom.fr
Mon Dec 12 14:27:16 PST 2016

Dear Junxiao,
first of all thanks. Even if you explanation seems very clear, for my
poor knowledge I have still some black holes.

Supposing that I would like to use repo-ng to store and to distribute
the certificates. I can publish a certificate, for example, writing:
base64 -d cert.ndncert | nc localhost 7376 in the very basic case.

Now, client express an interest in order to retrieve cert.ndncert.
I imagine, seeing the code, that repo-ng take the data and put the
data in the face in order to satisfy the interest. Exactly like any
other application.
I would like to avoid that another node , that desire FRESH content,
retrieve that certificate after 10 seconds on an intermediate cache.
The request should arrive to repo-ng, instead of intermediate node.

The solution you proposed is not enough for this purpose. Are you sure
that I cannot obtain this behaviour? It seems quite strange, probably
I don't explained very well what I wish.

Bests,
Matteo