[Ndn-interest] go-ndn 1.4 is released today

Tai-Lin Chu tailinchu at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 15:48:41 PDT 2016

Dear all,

go-ndn 1.4 is released today. In this release, we mainly focus on
optimization and increase test coverage. LPM, persistent content
store, and implicit digest lookup implementation now are more
GC-friendly. Together with go1.7 SSA work, go-ndn application has
binary size 20-30% smaller, and runs 16%~22% faster on average.

Oli Gavin tested NDN raft[1] implementation in a large-scale setting,
and reported several bugs that were fixed in this release.

Finally, we change the release cycle to be in sync with go team[2], so
the next release go-ndn will happen roughly 1 week after go1.8. This
allows us to address important changes from the go programming
language.

Contributors
* Oli Gavin (NDN raft)
* Mahyuddin Husairi (udp bug)