[Ndn-interest] Data comes from another face?

Muhammad Hosain Abdollahi Sabet M.AbdollahiSabet at mail.sbu.ac.ir
Sun May 31 11:21:37 PDT 2015

Junxiao,

So in wired nets it would be good old BUS or ethernet HUB networks, which is rare these days unless we face lack of switching devices. And in wireless nets, generally all of them are multiple-access link, right?

Actually It'very good to see you here by chance. Lately I've been thinking on intelligent(self-learning) forwarding and I was counting different situations which it would be useful for. Just a couple of hours ago I saw your presentation about NDN in LANs at NDNComm and I was like :| "Again, I've got here late!", though I had felt the need for such a self-learning mechanism in producer mobility. I don't know if still there is a room to contribute more in this. As far as I already saw, this NFD in addition to a pointer to the chosen output face in PIT, which is available right now, lacks some pointer to the chosen FIB entry itself. And of course some measures are needed to check efficiency of self-learned chosen faces after a while and see if another flooding is needed for choosing possible better face.

Thanks,
Sabet.