[Ndn-interest] NDN-friendly Mobility solutions

Lixia Zhang lixia at CS.UCLA.EDU
Mon May 18 12:32:46 PDT 2015

> On May 18, 2015, at 11:12 AM, Muhammad Hosain Abdollahi Sabet <M.AbdollahiSabet at mail.sbu.ac.ir> wrote:
>
> Hi everyone,
> Sorry if I'm to bringing up this cool conversation without any new shining thing. But I'm not sure where else I should ask this, and I didn't want to start a new topic which is not necessarily technical. Anyway, there was a question about mobility issues in NDNComm 2014(http://www.caida.org/workshops/ndn/1409/) which is answered by kc that there will be a meeting which six people are going to talk about mobility realm. Well, I couldn't find any agenda, report or something about such a meeting. Has it been held out yet? If yes, where can I find something about the talks and ideas that were produced. I'm asking the question here because there are people in this topic that I believe they were present in NDNComm 2014 and can help me with this. I really appreciate it.
>
> Thanks,
> Sabet

Hi Sabet, yes the NDN team held a small meeting at UCLA on March 19th to discuss mobility support specifically for NDNFit application (slow-start: we need to solve problems for a few specific applications first before one can identify more general patterns in the solution space). We did not publish a report for this meeting.
The meeting explored the design space and we continue to work on the solution developments.  We will report back when something worthwhile to share.

I also read between lines of your msg something else: wonder if you have specific questions regarding NDN mobility that you would like to discuss about?

Lixia