[Ndn-interest] Producer not receiving Interest, when starts a new thread.

Anil Jangam anilj.mailing at gmail.com
Wed May 13 16:32:06 PDT 2015

Thanks Junxiao for the comments.

In my case, actually it is working. I have now moved the sendInterest();call
to onRegisterSuccess(const Name& prefix); method which is being called by
the setInterestFilter(). In my logic, I am receiving a return Interest from
remote end. Earlier, this was kicking in while register was in progress.
However, now with help of onRegisterSuccess(), I think there is one RTT
time available for registration of filter to go through.

I agree, in real world scenario, there will certainly be delay between when
producer initialize and when consumer starts requesting for data, and
therefore probability of this race condition, perhaps is lower, if not 0. I
was programatically forcing this race condition to occur and hence it
failed. I guess, for now I am good.

/anil.