[Ndn-interest] NLSR dumping core... in nlsr::SyncLogicHandler::publishRoutingUpdate

Vince Lehman (vslehman) vslehman at memphis.edu
Mon Mar 16 08:22:46 PDT 2015

Hi Anil,

  *   Do we have to configure the port number in the face-uri value?
  *   I presume this port number must be different than the NFD port number (6363).

The port number in the face-uri should be the port that the remote NFD is using. If you do not specify a port number, NLSR will use the default NFD port (6363).

Some of the other observations:

  *   I do not think we have to explicitly configure the FIB by registering the prefix. I actually did it and observed that those entries are cleared from FIB at run-time. Is this a valid behavior?
  *   I am not sure if we have to explicitly add the FACES by creating them on NFD. I actually did create them, but observed that they are removed/cleared at run-time. Is this a valid behavior?

Yes, you do not need to manually configure the FIB or add Faces, both will be done automatically by NLSR.

When you added the FIB entries and created the Faces, did you do this before you ran NLSR or while it was running?
NLSR should not destroy faces at runtime, but it will remove FIB entries due to connectivity changes.

I will need to look into the segfault issue as it seems to be an problem with the sync protocol publishing empty data.

--
Vince Lehman