[Ndn-interest] Describe the HMAC algorithm in SignatureHmacWithSha256?

Yingdi Yu yingdi at CS.UCLA.EDU
Mon Jun 8 16:44:42 PDT 2015

Hi Jeff,

> On Jun 8, 2015, at 2:57 PM, Thompson, Jeff <jefft0 at remap.ucla.edu> wrote:
>
> If the application uses a truncated key digest (e.g. the first 4 bytes of the digest), do you think we can still use the KeyDigest field?  Or, if we treat the truncated key digest as a KeyId and put it in a Name, should the spec suggest a format for the Name?

I would prefer to keep KeyDigest literally (i.e., the real sha256 digest of a key), so that it is consistent with other scenarios (e.g., KeyDigest of public key).

For the key name, I think the purpose is to allow both ends to uniquely identify the key. Is there any particular reason of using the first 4 bytes of the digest?

Yingdi