[Ndn-interest] Data comes from another face?

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu
Mon Jun 8 10:15:00 PDT 2015

Hi Nacho

Yes I'm aware of both issues.

Sabet's original question is asking whether a Data packet could be received
on a face where an Interest has not been forwarded to, under normal
situations. The question is not about whether such Data packet should be
accepted.
Currently NFD forwarding would accept a Data packet as long as there is a
PIT entry, without considering whether an Interest has been forwarded to
the incoming face.
This behavior is inherited from ccnd 0.7.2, and I know there's a security
risk.

I also suspect there would forwarding problems where transmissions on a
multi-access link cannot reach every node.
But I'm unfamiliar with those links, so I can't say exactly what problem
could occur.

Yours, Junxiao