[Ndn-interest] Data comes from another face?

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu
Mon Jun 8 09:53:00 PDT 2015

Hi Sabet

Yes, in my example the WiFi access point is turned into a wireless router,
which is a L3 device.
In reality, most WiFi access points can be upgraded to work on L3 with
cross-compiled NDN stack for OpenWRT
<http://redmine.named-data.net/projects/ndn-embedded/wiki/Cross-compiling_NDN_projects_for_home_routers>
.

When the access point (or wireless router) treats a link as point-to-point,
the destination address would be a unicast address.
In 802.11 WiFi, the access point can send to unicast address at a faster
rate than a multicast/broadcast address.
See draft-vyncke-6man-mcast-not-efficient-01
<https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-vyncke-6man-mcast-not-efficient-01>
section 3.

Yours, Junxiao