[Ndn-interest] efficient lookup method

Arunkumar Dhananjayan arunkd13 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 5 10:18:14 PDT 2015

I don't want to hijack this thread to discuss about SDRs, but can you
enlighten me on how semantic similarity is ensured?

I think to have semantic similarity that everyone agree upon, we need a
common encoding that will be used by everyone.

I listened through the talk and it was really interesting. I find SDRs
quite similar to Bloom Filters and there is considerable literature on
using bloom filters to implement content based routing, where a common hash
function is used, but the hashes themselves do not represent any semantic
meaning. I am finding it intriguing that each bit in an SDR has a semantic
meaning. It is probably true within a single brain, because of the
coordinated learning it did, but I am pretty sure, the semantic meaning of
the bits in the SDR are different in each of our brains.

Probably to achieve a common semantic meaning for each bit, the entire
network should act as a single brain and keep learning continuously. Or
probably retrieving semantically close data is out of the scope of NDN and
should probably be left to a totally different 'Google' layer.

The future looks interesting :-)

regards,
arun