[Ndn-interest] efficient lookup method

Tai-Lin Chu tailinchu at gmail.com
Sun Jul 5 03:57:02 PDT 2015

I am working on a different problem but it also involves converting an
NDN name to one specific bit pattern.

But here is the common problem: NDN name space is essentially
infinitely large, so the conversion process is lossy (we want these
bit patterns to be more concise than names).

If I understand the video correctly,

(NDN name) >> (hashing 2^N) >> (SDR)

>> means that the space is significantly larger.

How does SDR solve any existing problem for NDN that comes from
properties of any hashing function?

Thanks.